The Pohe Island Bike Park will have something for everyone from toddlers on balance bikes, mountain bikers young and old, e-bikers wanting to get their confidence up, and BMX and freestyle riders. It will also be suitable for other wheels; skateboards, scooters, and skaters.
Car parking is available at the park off Dave Culham Drive. There is additional car parking just a few minutes away off Riverside Drive or along Dave Culham Drive and across the Te Matau a Pohe Bridge.
- Pump Track; Built and designed by international pump track specialists Velosolutions. Two tracks in one! A standard Velosolutions Pump Track, and the first oversized track built in NZ, 2.5m wide, 1.5m high berms.
- Circuit Track; 800 meters around and five meters wide asphalt track, perfect for all non-motorized wheels.
- Painted Learn to Ride Track (coming in 2022); Te perfect place for littlies to learn to ride on a smooth flat surface, with road markings.
- Beginner Skills Track (coming in 2022); practice your balance and turning skills with obstacles such as slalom poles, see-saws, and ramps.
- Open-sided Building (coming in 2022); will provide shelter from the sun and rain. Additional toilets will be installed beside the building.